Friday, December 28, 2007

Mt Baker trip

The week before Christmas we spent a few days at a cabin near Mt Baker. The kids (including our nephew Roozbeh) took snowboarding and skiing lessons at the ski area. They loved the snow - the scenery was magnificent, and the skiing/snowboarding was even better. Conditions the first day on the mountain were a little miserable, with lots of snow and even more wind, but they liked it anyway. The second day was clear and gorgeous, and the kids got to practice their newly acquired skills. This area is now our new favorite vacation destination (actually, it's tied with La Push) and we're looking into possibly getting some land up there to build a cabin. The area is undeveloped, for the most part, and has SO MUCH to offer during all seasons - camping/hiking in the spring/summer/early fall and skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing in the winter. We're thinking it'd be a great place for family get-togethers.

The first four pictures were taken by Husband from the top of the chairlifts. His snowboarding skills are far more advanced than ours, and he got to go on all the runs (double black diamond even - those are apparently the most difficult), which afforded him these spectacular views...






This picture is of the trees from the car on our way back down the mountain...
The cabin...

The brats...


Sooo happy! (and cold)

Making her way down the bunny hill...

Getting up is the hardest part!

Yes, even I attempted to snowboard, although this is how I spent most of my time (on my behind). I think I'll stick with skiing! And that is Dylan in the background - quite a crash!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun, zoya looks like a natural:) i love the video of dylan, he's so very enthusiastic, and colod!!! we definately need to come visit all your "vacation destinations" soon!

I'm Amy. Or Melynne. Whatever. said...

That looks like lots of fun - and beautiful. Steve and I were talking about how nice it would be to be closer to you guys if we move to the Couer D'Alene area. We can come see all your fun hot spots. And aren't those my flip flops in that foot picture? ;)

Thickankles said...

Ames,

I believe those ARE your flip flops! Did I give them back to you at Matt's wedding? If not, I meant to. When will you know if you're moving to Couer D'Alene (I'm glad you spelled that for me)?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Carrie said...

I love your music! you'll have to teach me how to do that, I am really into Ingrid Michaelson right now, I went to her concert last week, fun stuff. also, I am tagging you, so go to my blog to get the rules:)

love ya! carrie