Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

As many of you probably know, one of our favorite places to go is a little spot on the Washington Coast called La Push. We ventured out there again this year for Thanksgiving, this time with mom and our Peruvian friend Margory in tow (Margory is up here to go to school and play volleyball - she was just offered a full ride scholarship to play in NYC! She works with husband in the intramurals dept at SCC).

Just as an aside, I have to point out the irony of going to La Push (which is on the Quileute Native American reservation) for Thanksgiving - something I think about alot when we go there for that particular holiday. I wonder how many Native Americans celebrate the fact that several hundred years ago they welcomed and helped save the lives of the people who eventually brutally slaughtered them and almost completely destroyed their way of life and culture? OK, OK, I won't get all soap-boxy on you, but I just can't resist pointing that out.

So here are some of the pictures. We had such a great time, and the weather was AMAZING. In a previous post I detailed the weather during our last trip out there, and this time it was the exact opposite. When we arrived it was sunny and about 60 degrees! We got to spend a ton of time on the beach playing in the water, and there was a full (or almost full) moon that illuminated the white caps on the ocean at night. BEAUTIFUL! Just confirms that there is no other place I'd rather be than in the Pacific NW.

**To really appreciate the scenery in these pictures, click on them to enlarge!**

The view to the north

Mom & ZoyaZoya climbing on a log with the view to the south in the background

Margory and Zoya

"Sorry!" was the game of choice for the weekend. With no phone and no TV (though we did bring a small tv with the Wii), we get to enjoy each other's company more than usual)

Pickle posing

Margory and I climbed to the top of a big haystack rock to get a better view of Second Beach

You can tell by my hair that the wind was blowing!At Second BeachSecond Beach again"Patrick"
(anyone else like Spongebob as much as we do?)

Sea cucumbers (I think)

0 comments: