Zoya is playing soccer this fall, and what a great player she is! She has clearly inherited her dad’s athleticism on the field. She gravitates toward defense and ends up saving all the goals when she’s in the game, although last week she scored 3. We’re trying to get her to be more competitive (do you think that’s a bad thing when she’s only 5?) and to be more aggressive when going for the ball. When I told her before the last game that she should kick the ball instead of waiting for her teammates to kick it, she replied that she didn’t want to kick it because her teammate would cry if she didn’t get to kick it, and Zoya didn’t want her friend to feel bad. Competitive and sweet, too – what more could you ask for in a little soccer player?
Go Little Ducks!
Inspecting the Turf
1 comments:
Yay Zoya -3 goals in 1 game?! What a star:) Have I told you that I'm jealous of your getting a dog? He's pretty cute. whenever I'm pregnant I get the bug to get a dog, w/ Max we were this close to rescuing 2 alaskan malamutes!!!
Post a Comment