My friend and Nbio classmate Lara has some pretty remarkable talents. She's an aerialist who started and runs her own business (check out the video tab on the website to see a sample of her work), and also performs with another company she helped start up (Circus Contraption is really popular in Seattle, and although I've not seen any of their full performances, I've heard they're fabulous). The Aerialistas perform a free show every year at Seattle Center's Winterfest. The first time we went to see them, the theme was of the ethereal woodland fairy variety and ever since then Zoya has desperately wanted to be one of them. She was 3 at the time, and when we came home from the performance, everything that even resembled a rope was something she tried to climb and perform on. After we came home from this year's performance, she discovered that one of the posts on her bed served as an adequate substitute for ropes. She now makes up and performs various "fairy tricks" for us (I think she's up to 21 of them - all different poses). I think when she's a little older I'll have to enroll her in Lara's school! Here are a couple of pictures:
Friday, February 29, 2008
Fancy Fairy
Posted by Thickankles at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment