Dylan went salmon fishing for the first time a couple of weeks ago with his friend Zane (whose dad, incidentally, grew up in Stevensville, MT - graduated in 1980). I wasn't sure he would like it that much since he had to opt out of the owl pellet dissection in school last year because he thought it was so gross that he was getting queasy. Surprisingly he LOVED it, and even helped clean his fish, though he said that he spent most of the time playing with the fish intestines. FUN! That must come from my gene pool because Kathy Parker and I used dissect the eyes of the fish her dad caught on the Bitterroot and would spend hours on their patio seeing who could stab the lens with the point of a knife first. Yes, my interest in biology started early!
Zane's dad filleted and vacuum-packed Dyl's fish and sent it home, and we enjoyed some of it for dinner that night. It was delicious!! I think we're going to look for a small boat and start catching our own salmon from now on. There's really nothing that compares to fresh fish!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Pickle's first fish
Posted by Thickankles at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Impressive fish! It looks so yummy. If only good fish like that was available around here. Maybe if we end up in California (Ack!) I'll learn to cook great fish like you guys. Way to go Dyl! Where did he catch it at?
Way to go Dyl! Those are huge fish, and the cooked version looked delish! Wendy, I'm so glad you are updating so often, the girls love to look at the pictures (as does Max, he OOHs and AHHs) Also, Zoya's hair is soooooo cute! Love you guys!!! P.S. Amy why haven't you updated your blog to tell us about Calif.? Love you too!!!
yummy salmon!! i miss seattle salmon. i must say costco has some pretty darn good salmon to make up for it though. sydnie loves to go fishing too. she is my little tom boy.
Mom don't post bad pictures of me!
Dyl baby, there's no such thing as a bad picture.
Where are the posts on your blog???
I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet. Dylan! what an awesome fisherman you are! Uncle Matt is so proud...me too. It looks absolutely delish. Wish I could have had some...did you freeze some? Rememberm I'll be there for Thanksgiving. I'm like Annie, I miss good Seattle fish so much. I'm really proud of you.
Mom, I'm guarding the last portion of the fish with my life (they've tried more than once to smuggle it out of the freezer)! I'm saving it for when you come. Perhaps we'll have Thanksgiving salmon rather than turkey. Did I tell you we have La Push reserved?
Hi dyl!I like salmon fishing,as you know,we call it ,gezel aalaa,in our language.I enjoy the pictures,you realy missed having me around!
Post a Comment