Both Dylan and Zoya have started school for the year (their first days were almost a month ago). Dylan is in 5th grade and loving every minute of it so far, aside from being a little nervous about the increased amount of homework. He's also THRILLED about the health education unit they will have toward the end of the year...yes, the dreaded "talk" happens this year for his class (does that bring to mind Ms. Mullary's hideous flowered bag for any of my sisters? That's the only memory I have of my fifth grade "talk"). I keep telling him that he's got nothing to worry about because I gave him all the information he'll ever need last summer, which included a graphic trip through several of my biology books and a complete physiological explanation of where babies come from. He was really funny about it all - his only comment after he finished gagging and making mock vomiting sounds was, "Mom, don't you think you should have waited 'til I was a teenager before you told me that?!" Anyhoo, he's excited for the most part about fifth grade, and loves his teacher.
Zoya is attending a co-op preschool this year. There are a lot of great things about it, including the teacher and curriculum. I get to spend one of the three mornings there "working," which sometimes is great fun and other times not so much (is it terrible to admit that I don't like other people's kids, or at least some of them?). She's not very happy if she has to stay home for any period of time, so school has been really good for her. The only problem is that she only goes 3 days a week, so the days she doesn't go get really long.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
First days of school
Posted by Thickankles at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Zoya has grown up! Where have I been? What a beautiful little girl!
Dylan in is the 5th grade?! Goodness I can't believe it? What a handsome guy he is and a sweetheart, too!
Post a Comment