Sunday, January 17, 2010

No Time to Post But Want to Show Off Our Very Talented Son

We are emerging from the fog of tragedy, and then the chaos of the holidays. Our lives are crazy, crazy busy - I started nursing school and it's ridiculously intense and time consuming - but I wanted to post Dylan's band playing at their school's Artfest in December. Dylan's the lead guitarist on the far right. A few things to point out:
~These kids are 12. As in years old. And they play like THAT!
~Dylan's only been playing guitar for 9 months (or maybe it's 10, I can't remember exactly).
~The lighting was a little messed up, so you can't see Dylan while he's playing some of his solo parts - but you can hear him! He would also like me to point out that the lack of lighting caused him to mess up in one part. He was mortified by that. :)
~Their band doesn't have a vocalist, so the drummer's dad graciously stepped in at the very last minute.

ENJOY!

PS. You have to click (I think twice, maybe) on the video to open up the YouTube website (enable pop-ups too). Otherwise the restricted size of the video on Blogger cuts Dylan out of the picture!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I don't comment on blogs very often, but I just had to say WOW! So impressive for a bunch of 12-year-olds who haven't even been playing that long. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Carrie said...

That sounds soo great!!! Way to go Dyl:)