We dug up half of our front yard this spring and put in a HUGE vegetable garden. Because it's in the front yard and we're on a corner lot, it's been quite the neighborhood attraction. I have secretly been feeling a little pressure to make things grow because my failure to do so would be witnessed by everyone who walks by or pauses at the stop sign at the intersection. Thankfully, earlier in the week I woke up to see my sweet lettuce and spinach plants peeking their little heads out from underneath the compost and Zoo Doo. I'm now officially a successful gardener, at least in my own head! Here they are in all their glory (the garden actually extends way beyond the picture in an L-shape. It's HUGE!):
The lettuce
My uneven rows
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so proud!! Grandpa would certainly be also. He would take exception to the crooked rows, but what the heck, that will give you 1 or 2 more little lettuce/spinach plants. I think your garden looks wonderful. Are you planning on taking all the extra to Farmer's Market? I think you're going to have a lot. Love ya
Very good Masha Wendy Zandayi,It`s nice,I haven`t seen Neurobiology Farmer before....Best wishes
Wanna come plant my garden? I kill the most viable of flowers so I'm not sure I can handle a beautiful garden like yours!
Post a Comment